2014 Conference ADHD: Biomarkers, Biofeedback and Interventions
November 7 – 10, Offered in Conjunction with Widener University
Please check back often as we update and finalize details
Find a detailed schedule here
The Northeast Regional Biofeedback Society is pleased to be hosting a three day Conference in conjunction with Widener University Biofeedback Clinic and Certification Center, home of the second largest biofeedback educational program in the world. Among other well-known clinicians and researchers, this conference features Andreas Mueller, Ph.D., Lynda Thompson, Ph.D., Michael Thompson, M.D and Tom Collura, Ph.D..
In 2012 the American Pediatric Association approved biofeedback as a Level I intervention for ADHD. Join international speakers, authors and experts as you become informed about how the use of biofeedback, neurophysiological neuromarkers and other forms of assessment lead to better understanding of the underlying mechanisms of ADHD as well as ADHD-Treatment based on neuromarker diagnoses. Speakers will also address how to set up for success using Neurofeedback, HRV biofeedback, and Meta-cognitive Strategies.
Conference Continuing Education Information
This program, when attended in its entirety, is available for 19 continuing education credits. AAPB is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AAPB maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers and Counselors receive CE through the Pennsylvania NASW (pending approval).
- Learn how to assess various types of ADHD using comprehensive data base comparison and other forms of assessment.
- Be able to develop a personalized treatment plan for children and adults with ADHD.
- Understand meta-cognitive strategies in the treatment of ADHD.
- Describe how the history of biofeedback has developed into a field that provides non-invasive, effective interventions for ADHD.
- Learn the ethics involved with providing biofeedback.
- Understand the importance of functional medicine in treating ADHD.
Who should attend?
Practitioners: physicians, psychologists, social workers, nurses, students, anyone interested in learning the latest scientific developments in the field of ADHD and/or interested in personalized medicine in the care of ADHD and those interest in non-invasive personalized medicine
Prices and Registration
COSTS ARE ALL INCLUSIVE!!
Full day and single day conference prices include BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND SNACKS. Plus, each day there is a WINE AND FOOD RECEPTION FROM 5:30-7:30 PM. For full conference registration and Friday conference attendees, DINNER AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT ARE INCLUDED.
To Register, please call the NRBS office at 484-682-4606 during regular business hours or visit our conference registration page.
General Public Rates (retired, lay person, parents, etc.)
- $95 single attendee per day Friday or Saturday
- $60 second attendee on Friday or Saturday
- $75 single attendee on Sunday
- $50 second attendee on Sunday
- $70 Conference Attendee Saturday Evening Franklin Institute Social and Tour includes transportation, Dinner and reception and a private tour of the YOUR BRAIN The Franklin Institute’s newest—and biggest—exhibition which shows via an interactive tour how Brain science is advancing rapidly as modern technology is helping us begin to unravel age-old mysteries about ourselves.
- $115 Saturday Evening Franklin Institute Social and Tour includes transportation, Dinner and reception and a private tour of the YOUR BRAIN The Franklin Institute’s newest—and biggest—exhibition which shows via an interactive tour how Brain science is advancing rapidly as modern technology is helping us begin to unravel age-old mysteries about ourselves.
- Free Brainmaster Post-Conference: Tom Collura of BrainMaster Technologies will present a three-hour post-conference demonstration showcasing innovative software and products. The demonstration will be held Sunday, November 9 from 3:15 to 6:00 PM. Take advantage of this opportunity to immerse yourself in groundbreaking software and equipment! This is an excellent opportunity for new and seasoned practitioners to learn from the program developer! There will not be a charge for this training.
A limited number of suites are held at Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport 9000 Bartram Avenue Philadelphia, PA at the rate of $109 nightly (plus taxes and fees) until October 17, 2014. The Embassy Suites is holding rooms from November 6 – November 10 at the conference rate for those wishing to continue vacationing in the Philadelphia area.
This hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the Philadelphia International Airport. In addition, there is train service between the Airport and the hotel as well as Center City Philadelphia and the Hotel.
Click here to book a room at the Embassy Suites for the NRBS Conference Special Rate of $109 through October 18th!