How does neuro-science explain RSD and fibromyalgia?
We believe the chronic pain involves an over-reaction or over-sensitivity of the nervous system due to the brain’s efforts to protect the body. Science is just starting to understand what happens to neuro-transmitters (biochemicals in the body that transmit signals from one nerve to another) when they are stimulated. Why some neuro-transmitters become sensitized to the pain signal (meaning, they transmit the pain more quickly and efficiently), while some become desensitized (meaning, they lose their effectiveness to block the pain signal) is a question that medical science grapples with. Emotions affect pain by increasing the neuro-activity of the nervous system making the pain signal easier to transmit and thus perceived as worse.
What techniques does SPS use to treat RSD and fibromyalgia?
Beta reset EEG Biofeedback
- Helps to reorganize brainwaves that have gotten stuck in a painful pattern so that they function optimally
qEEG guided neuro-feedback
- Individualized treatment programs using the most advanced EEG Biofeedback/ Neurofeedback methods available
- Rehabilitative poses can help activate the parasympathetic nervous system and provide relief
BioAcustical Utilization Device (BAUD)
- Portable device that helps break up emotional patterns associated with pain
Heart-rate variability training (HRV)
- Helps to calm the nervous system and makes the your body and brain more responsive to all other treatments
- Tried and true methods to help relax muscles