Our Approach to Treatment is…
At your first appointment, we take the time to understand how your situation is unique and tailor our approach to you and your family.
An assessment that is tailored to your concerns and goals will help us decided which services and training programs are best for you. We will consider your prior evaluations and current supporting treatments and will be able to make referrals to other offices to help you reach your goals. Treatment at Sadar Psychological may include homework and nutritional solutions as well as EEG Biofeedback/neurofeedback.
Reasons to Choose Sadar Psychological:
We treat wide variety of conditions and have developed unique methods during our 25+ years of operation. If you are suffering from any of the following problems, please take a moment to visit the page specific to that problem so that we can tell you how we can help.
- Addiction – Mitchell Sadar, is certified by the American Psychological Association to treat addictions. He has over 25 years’ experience in this field.
- Adoption and Attachment – Neurofeedback helps to regulate the brains of children who have early childhood trauma. In doing so, children are better able to blend with their new families.
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks – Neurofeedback is uniquely suited to help patients achieve long-term control of anxiety issues.
- Autism Spectrum and Asperger’s – Various biofeedback techniques can help with emotional stability, shifting gears, and feeling more calm. These techniques are particularly appealing to those on the ASD because of their computer interface and repetitive patterns.
- Tourettes – We have two different Neurofeedback software programs that may be the missing link to helping calm Tourettes symptoms, in addition to modifications with diet and sleep.
- Gastrointestinal Migraines – This over activation of the central nervous system can be helped with Heart Rate Variability Training and Neurofeedback.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Cognitive Behavior Therapy coupled with an understanding of how the brain can be calmed has helped many of our OCD patients.
- Bipolar Disorder – We use techniques validated by research to help stabilize mood fluctuations
- Depression – When medications and psychotherapy have failed, EEG-biofeedback can provide much desired changes.
- Epilepsy and Seizures – This is the area in which neurofeedback research and application began. Barry Sterman, Ph.D, at UCLA showed that epilepsy can be controlled with neurofeedback, eliminating medications and avoiding brain surgery for many patients.
- Learning Disorders – This often leaves parents and teachers puzzled. A qEEG assessment can help determine the way a brain communicates within itself and help to increase learning efficiency.
- PTSD – One of our software programs has been shown to help calm the brain in PTSD and is being used in Veteran Administration Centers throughout the country.
- Sleep Issues – we work with the premier sleep center in the Philadelphia Area to help you get a full night’s rest.