Questionnaire for Choosing a Biofeedback Provider
When you need to choose a biofeedback provider, multiple questions come to mind and we highly advice that you make an informed decision and not just go with the feeling.
Here is a quick questionnaire that can help you evaluate services from a biofeedback practitioner so you make the best decision.
- Is the person a licensed practitioner in their field of mental or medical health?
- Have they been providing biofeedback services for at least a year in the area where you are seeking help or are they otherwise qualified? (ie., PTSD, Chronic Pain, Depression)
- If practicing less than a year, are they being mentored by an experienced, licensed mental health professional?
- Have they discussed with you the options for how to assess your needs?
- Do you feel the provider is able to help you be well informed about the training you are receiving?
- Not necessary, but an additional thing that can add to your confidence in making your selection is if they have a certification from the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA). Being board certified means you have met the minimum requirements, but does not address your level of expertise. It is advisable to select a board certified provider. Of course, as with anything else, a positive report about the person from someone you know, whose opinion you trust, should carry a lot of weight.
Want to know more about non-medication alternatives to various conditions like Migraine, chronic pain, ADHD, Stress using Neurofeedback or Biofeedback techniques, then keep reading.
Give us a call if you want to know more. We will be more than happy to help you find the right treatment for your condition.
Concussion is a potential threat in everyday life (e.g. motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall incidents, etc.). The risk of concussion is increased when we engage in sports, but we should not let the increased risk keep us from participating in activities to which we...read more
Research on Decreasing Migraine Medication During Pregnancy The Northeast Region Biofeedback Society (NRBS) Conference was held in November 2015. As always, it was a great Conference. I learned from all of the speakers, but one speaker made a particular impression on...read more