Questionnaire for Choosing a Biofeedback Provider
When you need to choose a biofeedback provider, multiple questions come to mind and we highly advice that you make an informed decision and not just go with the feeling.
Here is a quick questionnaire that can help you evaluate services from a biofeedback practitioner so you make the best decision.
- Is the person a licensed practitioner in their field of mental or medical health?
- Have they been providing biofeedback services for at least a year in the area where you are seeking help or are they otherwise qualified? (ie., PTSD, Chronic Pain, Depression)
- If practicing less than a year, are they being mentored by an experienced, licensed mental health professional?
- Have they discussed with you the options for how to assess your needs?
- Do you feel the provider is able to help you be well informed about the training you are receiving?
- Not necessary, but an additional thing that can add to your confidence in making your selection is if they have a certification from the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA). Being board certified means you have met the minimum requirements, but does not address your level of expertise. It is advisable to select a board certified provider. Of course, as with anything else, a positive report about the person from someone you know, whose opinion you trust, should carry a lot of weight.
Want to know more about non-medication alternatives to various conditions like Migraine, chronic pain, ADHD, Stress using Neurofeedback or Biofeedback techniques, then keep reading.
Give us a call if you want to know more. We will be more than happy to help you find the right treatment for your condition.
On April 31st through May 1st and May 14th through 15th, 2022 a BCIA accredited course in neurofeedback (EEG biofeedback) will be offered by Sadar Psychological and Sports Center. Soltane’s mission is to offer support for individuals with intellectual disabilities....
Sadar Psychological and Sports Center is pleased to announce the availability of a home study course that will meet the BCIA requirements for the 36 hours of didactic training needed to obtain BCIA certification in neurofeedback. We have gone to great lengths to...